Troubleshooting SQL Server 2005 "No global profile is configured…"
Error in logs:
Executing the query "EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sp_notify_operator @name=N'ds',@body=N'deleted files'" failed with the following error: "No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.
This means the Default Mail Profile in the Profile Security Section is not set.
1. Open Management Studio
2. Expand Management
3. Right click on Database Mail
4. Select Configure Database Mail
5. In the Welcome to Database Mail Configuration Wizard, click Next
6. In Select Configuration Task window, select Manage Profile Security
7. In Manage Profile Security window, make sure you have a profile that is selected as default.
8. Click Finish